The mission of the Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce is to be a membership organization dedicated to meeting the identified needs of the Albuquerque metropolitan area by fostering economic opportunity and a favorable business climate within the region.
And the mission statement is supported by the following strategic values statements:
Our customers are first and foremost our members, and secondly, the business community and those with a vested interest in the Albuquerque metropolitan area. We will measure our success toward customer service by periodically evaluating:
• How well we increase and retain our membership;
• Responses to surveys of our customer service rating, and;
• Accomplishment of our stated annual objectives.
Our image will be a results-oriented, metro-wide organization that will clearly be acknowledged as an organization which seeks to effectively relate to and coordinate with other business organizations in the metropolitan area.
We will conduct only those activities that foster a favorable business climate in a sustainable, high quality of life environment for all citizens of our community. Such activities include:
• Retention and expansion efforts to assist existing businesses;
• Promoting pro-active business legislation and outspoken advocacy efforts;
• Providing information and education opportunities that are designed to assist our customers in making informed business decisions, and;
• Involvement in and commitment to the Character Counts program and the six elements of good character: trustworthiness, citizenship, respect, responsibility, fairness and caring.
The Chamber recognizes that our most valuable resources are our members, volunteers and staff, and that only by working together and using our resources in a balanced manner will we accomplish our stated Mission, and avoid the problems associated with doing more than our resources allow.
We recognize and are committed to the value of diversity within the Chamber organization. Diversity is defined for us as respecting individuals and the many unique communities from which they come.